Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mothers sister died early this year. She had a living trust. She had cash in an IRA and her house, both of which were converted to cash into the estate. There are 4 beneficiaries, I was supposed to be listed(and recently found out I wasn't). I have grounds for challenging the trust. When does the estate settle? If my aunt died in March,2013 in California, how long do I have to challenge the will? While I do not believe that fraud is involved, certain circumstances have arisen from which I deduce there is some shady dealing going on with the executor, her sister, and her daughter. My mother would be the sole heir in a contested will/living trust. Time is of the essenence.

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

Contact a probate litigation lawyer immediately, to represent you in filing a contest of the trust/will. This is urgent as the statute of limitations as to time to file a contest is clocking.DONOTDELAY.

You are jumping around a lot. You first mention a trust then you mention contesting a will. I suggest you take the relevant documents and speak immediately to a probate attorney.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California