Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mothers sister died early this year. She had a living trust. She had cash in an IRA and her house, both of which were converted to cash into the estate. There are 4 beneficiaries, I was supposed to be listed(and recently found out I wasn't). I have grounds for challenging the trust. When does the estate settle? If my aunt died in March,2013 in California, how long do I have to challenge the will? While I do not believe that fraud is involved, certain circumstances have arisen from which I deduce there is some shady dealing going on with the executor, her sister, and her daughter. My mother would be the sole heir in a contested will/living trust. Time is of the essenence.

Asked on 5/24/13, 9:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Contact a probate litigation lawyer immediately, to represent you in filing a contest of the trust/will. This is urgent as the statute of limitations as to time to file a contest is clocking.DONOTDELAY.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 1:15 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are jumping around a lot. You first mention a trust then you mention contesting a will. I suggest you take the relevant documents and speak immediately to a probate attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 4:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now