Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Can I obtain a copy of a Family Trust and Will if my mother has already passed away and my father has become incompetent and my sister has taken over as Successor Trustee?

Asked on 2/11/10, 3:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are a beneficiary and the trust has become irrevocable, then you are entitled to a copy of the Trust and periodic accountings (among other things). If your father had the ability to amend or revoke the trust but has become incompetant, then he probably no longer has capacity to amend and your status as a remainder beneficiary (assuming you are) would become set. If your sister was named the successor trustee then she should be providing you with the information you are requesting. You should discuss this with an attorney in greater detail.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/10, 4:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now