California  |  Wills and Trusts

Probate lawyer - substitution of attorney form mc-050

My attorney has decided that he can no longer represent me and to make immediate arrangements to retain another attorney. Question 1 - Can someone guide me how to fill out the MC-505 form and what is the exact procedure for filing it and does this attorney need to sign the signature of former attorney and what if he does not want to sign it do i do? Question 2 - On page 2 who are the names i am to send this notice to? Does this form need any kind of notary? Question 3 - How long do i have to file this form?

Answered on: 4/14/09, 12:08 am by Phillip Lemmons, Esq.

Re: Probate lawyer - substitution of attorney form mc-050

If your attorney wants you to find other counsel, he or she should be pleased to assit you in completing a substitution of attorney. It's really pretty easy. Can you actually go pro per or do you need legal representation. If you need legal representation have your new attorney fill it out for you. If you're going pro per, then have your current attorney do it.

If you'd like my firm to represent you in this matter call me.

Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law 10221 Slater Avenue, Suite 106 Fountain Valley, CA 92708