California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/13/12, 2:26 pm

I have some US Savings Bonds which I would like to leave to my family should anything happen to me, but they are all in my name. How will my heirs be able to cash them in, if they are in my name? What steps should I take to ensure that each person will be able to cash the bonds that I've left for them, as my rightful heirs?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/13/12, 2:46 pm by Hong Shen

There are many ways to accomplish this. You can change the beneficiary to the persons you desire. You can write a will and put the bonds in the will. You can also create a trust with the persons you desire as the beneficiaries in the trust. What you have to do is to consult an estate planning attorney in your area and find the best ways to accomplish this.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Roberts Law Group 5707 Corsa Ave. Westlake Village, CA 91362

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search