Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I set up a trust fund for my daughter to receive upon graduation of college, she never graduated . I hired a local attourney over 25 years ago to handle the legal matters involved in setting up this trust. I cannot contact him and all i have been told is that the money went to international trust co in Florida . I have googled this company and cannot find much information. Where do i start?

Asked on 5/10/13, 11:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Reid Happe Reid, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can search the California Bar's webpage and contact the California Bar to see who his papers went to if he retired. I would try there first. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 11:49 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Reid. You are going to want a copy of the trust instrument, and then speak in person with a competent estate planning attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 9:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now