Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

can a successor in interest represent itself? trying to protect my interest in a property and the bank is saying my case is invalid because I am acting pro se and I am not allowed

Asked on 8/20/13, 9:27 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would have to know more details about the case to know for sure. You can be a successor in interest to a deceased person, but not be able to represent others. It is not clear whether this is a probate matter or a straight real estate matter or a combination of both.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 6:54 am
Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless you are a corporation, you have the right, as an individual, to represent yourself. However, whether you have standing to pursue a claim is an entirely different matter.

You should contact a local real estate attorney for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now