California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/10/13, 10:05 am

My wifes father passed away two weeks ago, there was a will dated 2007 that she and her two siblings have where the funds are divided equally three ways, however her bother who lived closes to the father had the will changed to where he receives most of the funds. Also, the brother refuses to let his siblings see the will. The estate has value.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/10/13, 2:37 pm by Charles Perry

It may be possible to force a probate of the will, which is about the only way you have to see it.

It is impossible to tell you if the new will is enforceable or not, without knowing all the facts surrounding its execution.

Your wife should be speaking with a lawyer that handles trust and probate matters to get some advice.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Charles R. Perry 1500 Bayberry Street Hollister, 95023

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search