Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

The women i lived with for the last 20 years past away and her family is trying to kick me out of the house. Im not in the will but want to know if i have any rights to her estate or at least the house

Asked on 9/03/13, 8:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sorry fir your loss....

If you were not married, not on the title, and not in the will you probably have very limited rights .. If you paid money on the house you may have a claim for some reimbursement... I would suggest getting an attorney to look o ver this...

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 8:59 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Mr. Green is right. You do not acquire any rights to a person's property unless you have a contract, a marriage, or an equitable claim based on contributing to the value of the property.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now