California  |  Workers Comp

My 3rd party PI attorney was paid $15,000 for subrogation recovery without my knowledge or my w/c case closing. It is still active.

Nobody can explain this payment to me. My injury was March of 2004 and this payment was made to PI attorney in 2007. I have not received any money form w/c since 2007 nor have my medical bills been paid since or my medication. To my understanding this payment was not legal. What to do? I believe subrogation recovery was my PI attorney allowing the w/c company to intervene

as he did not show up to court the day they filed for a credit after we paid them $200.000 for a lien from the 3rd party settlement. PI attorney told me we owed them no more money. My PI attorney and the w/c ins attorney are friends and he told me at our mediation that w/c ins attorney was our friend. Is this legal. The credit is for $125,000. I do not understand and was never told or given any paper work regarding this. When the settlement papers were signed for the 3rd party this was not disclosed. I found out when my Dr. received paperwork saying w/c case was settled and there would be no more payments. As I said the case is still pending and waiting for trial. So they say. W/C attorney knew nothing. Where is this in your laws.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.