California  |  Workers Comp

can I claim for workers comp even if I am not working for them for 2 months?

will workers comp pay my medical bill if I go to the doctor.

I never went to the doctor, but my supervisor knew about my accident

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 4/25/13, 10:20 am by Nancy Wallace

Post-termination workers comp claims are non-compensable.

IF YOU PUT notice of the work injury in writing to either the employer, the comp insurer or a physician -- the writing MUST specify the relationship to the job, not just that you had some pain or an injury -- then you can proceed to demand treatment even after you are let go.

If you never put anything in writing about having an injury requiring treatment as a result of your job, then you left that job, it's too late (mostly).

If you can produce a doctor's chart note detailing this is a work injury but you are not reporting it as a work injury right away, that can be an exception.

CAN YOU PROVE your supervisor knew you were actually hurt? I know my staff has accidents all day long, but none require treatment. They stumble on the rug, they stab themselves with the letter opener, they drop a soda on their foot... and they fully recover an hour later with no disability. WHAT CAN YOU PROVE YOUR SUPERVISOR ACTUALLY KNEW???

It's nearly impossible to prove what is in another individual's mind without their written statement about when they knew.

Nancy Wallace 320 No. E Street San Bernardino, CA 92401