Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

I have had a shoulder surgery due to a work injury. They have given me full pay for 60 days but are back paying me. During those 60 days do I pay taxes? I will be off more than the 60 days and they are taking my sick days and I am on pay differential. During that time am I still tax exempt?

Asked on 10/01/13, 11:46 am

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally, Disability benefits are non taxable. But you must check with your tax person to make sure about the type of benefits you are receiving.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 11:56 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to file a claim for worker's compensation benefits that cover temporary disability benefits , ongoing medical treatment and a settlement for permanent disability and future medical care. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/13, 9:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now