Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

how much time do you have to decide if accept settlement once at a hearing

once i am at the worker's comp. board settlement conference, if my attorney comes to me with an offer, how long do I have to decide if I will accept that offer? the end of the work day? 24 hours? can I counter offer? i want time to think about it, what does the law say?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Phillip Cooke Law offices of Phillip A. cooke

Re: how much time do you have to decide if accept settlement once at a hearing

Any settlement offer may be limited in time by the person or party making the offer. Ask what the time limit is if any. If the offer is fair, and your attorney recommends it as fair, you should make up your mind as soon as you can to avoid the party withdrawing the offer before it is accepted.

Be sure you understand the finality and the consequences of accepting an offer that the judge approves. Many cases should be settled. Some cases should go to hearing or have a stipulation and award entered. Get to know your attorney better so you know your attorney and have trust and so that your attorney can make the best recommendation to you.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms