Colorado  |  Medical Malpractice

infant dies 23hrs after seeing M.D.

My son who was a little over 2 & 1/2 mon. old had a very bad couch and alot of congestion. He also had a very concering vowel movement, black and tar like with a horrible order. We were concerend because our older son was just hospitalized the week prior with shigella, a form of salmahnilla. With the baby not having shots yet it scared us.

The pediatrician said he just had a little bit of a head cold and to just go home and use the vaporizer. The next afternoon he passed while taken his nap.

Autopsy's cause of death was bronchopneumonia,laryngitis, trachetis and bronchitis. I feel giving the circumstances the doc should have detected one of theses ailments or at least ran tests. Any other oppions would be greatfully appreciated.

Answered on: 5/18/04, 5:31 pm by Peter W. Thomas, Esq.

Re: infant dies 23hrs after seeing M.D.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Medical malpractice/wrongful death cases can be quite complex and turn largely on the medical records and expert medical testimony. Though the brief facts of your posting appear on their face to present a possible cause of action, review of the medical records would be the first step in providing you with any firm analysis. I would be more than happy to speak with you in further detail to see if this is a matter my office can assist you with. With warm regards, Peter. 303-260-6424

PETER WILLIAM THOMAS, PLLC 600 17th Street, Suite 2800 South Tower Denver, CO 80202