Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

Trailer Park Tenants Rights

Is it legal for a trailer park to dictate how many people may live in a house, regardless of age, if the occupant is also the owner of the house?

This is just one more item in a long list of dictates from management. All seem directed at making life here so unbearable for people that they will move. I have two sons, the older son's fiance, and a friend living with me. My younger son is handicapped. I just got a notice that anyone over 18 living with me has to apply to be on my lease. The lease they last gave us reads more like an apartment house lease than a lot rental lease.

I am trying to get the money to move out of the place but compliance with all their dictates costs more than I can afford. I can't save anything to move if they keep forcing spending my money just to get along.

Stanley Spring Stanley A. Spring, Attorney at Law

Re: Trailer Park Tenants Rights

Park owners can dictate terms and conditions. Read the lease before you move in and hold out for a longer term.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado