Legal Question in Business Law in Colorado

I want to resign from our small business partnership. One business partner took it upon herself to write my reaugnation letter and the terms involved. Although ive put in time and money into the business i do not get anything from the business and just owe them money for new materials and a phone bill on a phone the one partner has sole 24/7 access to. I refuse to sign the letter/contract. I need help! I need to know what my liabilities and assets are.

Asked on 4/18/13, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Mosaic Legal Partners LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please, hire a business attorney. You call this a business partnership. Is it actually a partnership? Is it instead an LLC? Is a corporation? This matters.

I would hope you have a written owners' agreement, but that is rarely the case unless the business spoke with a business attorney. If you have no written agreement do you have an oral agreement regarding your rights as an owner?

You need an attorney as there are many facts that you don't know and don't understand that will implicate your rights. Moreover, signing anything, especially a business agreement, without an understanding of its implications is an awful idea.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/13, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now