Colorado  |  Criminal Law

Never been in this situation. Not in trouble but living with someone who has ch

I have never been arrested or in any trouble in my life. My boyfriend has charges pending against him and the dectective who is assigned to his case has contacted me. He isnt very nice, wanted me to come down and make a statement and used the scare tactic that if I didnt make a statement that he would put charges against me because I live in the same house. I am nervous and have talked to a lawyer but I am still not at ease. I have been told that the case is weak against him. I told the dectective that I dont want to make a statement. About a month ago my boyfriend voluntered to go talk with the dectective and it ended up 3 hours of interigation. Please give me some insight!!!

Answered on: 11/29/00, 10:38 pm by Stanley Spring

Re: Never been in this situation. Not in trouble but living with someone who ha

Follow your lawyers advice. You see what volunteering gets you. If he comes around again, ask him if you are being charged with anything. If he gets hostile, he's probably fishing around to make a case on your boy friend. If he's nice politely refuse and decline to be interviewed. The police know most people don't have the nerve to stand up to them. Don't ever be rude or impolite. Just ask to be accompanied by a lawyer. Every word of the rights warning you've heard means exactly what it says.

Stanley A. Spring, Attorney at Law 109 North Palafox Street, Suite 2 Pensacola, FL 32501