Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

If I have a suspended sentence in Arapahoe County Colorado, and plead guilty to a crime in Weld County Colorado, can Weld County impose the suspended Arapahoe county sentence?

Asked on 10/05/13, 2:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. The sentence is from Arapahoe County. Weld County does not have jurisdiction over that case. Arapahoe county can issue its own order to impose that suspended sentence, but only following hearing in Arapahoe county at which you have a right to appear.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 3:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now