Legal Question in DUI Law in Colorado

I live in Colorado and sadly was pulled over for a DUI back in late July 2012, I just recently had my final court date 4/22/2013 and was placed on probation for 1 year, I've got community service, and 20 days in home detention (ankle bracelet). Given the legal status of marijuana in Colorado and the fact that I hold a medical marijuana license, I worried and curious to know about possible drug testing and consequences? They drew my blood for the DUI blood alcohol concentration and did not record any THC in my system. I have already incurred $8000 in related costs/fees and needless to say have had the worst 10 months of my life only to find out I will be on probation until April 2014. Please note this is my first ever offense!

Thank You

Clifton Black Black & Graham, LLC

This is not really a question. But marijuana is against federal law. A person on probation is required to have no violations of law, local state or federal. Your MMJ use is a violation of your probation. Similarly, the judge likely said not to use marijuana at sentencing. If you get caught with THC in your system they will likely revoke.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Colorado