Colorado  |  Military Law

Went AWOL now paying for ta-50

I went AWOL for about 4 month then I came back 3 months ago. I am still waiting for UCMJ actions but have not heard anything about it. Now they are making me pay for my ta-50 (military gear) even thought i left it in their possession when I left. It was in the milvan, a so long secure area. Can they make me pay for it?

Answered on: 5/14/06, 11:16 pm by Steven Brand

Re: Went AWOL now paying for ta-50

Dear Questioner,

Unfortunately, I'll need some more information to answer the question. Was a report of survey done. Were you ever questioned about when and where you left the equipment. Did you learn of any theft of military equipment from that milvan. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS ON THE LISTSERV! If you want to discuss the matter further, feel free to contact me at StevenBrandEsq@msn.com and/or visit my website at www.courtmartialbrand.com.

Sincerely Yours,

Steve Brand

The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of this document should act or refrain from acting in reliance on its content without first seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice. Transmission of this document does not create an attorney-client relationship between Steven T. Brand, Esq. and any recipients.

Steven Brand, Attorney at Law 1718 Lloydminister way Cedar Park (austin), TX 78613

Answered on: 5/14/06, 11:59 pm by John K. Harris

Re: Went AWOL now paying for ta-50

Your command could make you pay for the military gear if a report of survey (investigation) reveals that the missing equipment is the result of negligence or willful misconduct on your part. A report of survey would only take place if you do not admit to liability and refuse to make voluntary reimbursement for the equipment listed on the Statement of Charges (DD Form 362)

Attorney at Law RR 1 Box 105-P6 Beverly, WV 26253