Colorado  |  Personal Injury

Date of Loss 11/15/01 prior to Tort, Insurance Settlement Question

I was involved in an accident on the 15 of November 2001. I have about 35,000 in medical bills and lost work time since then. I also had another accident on the 28th of November in which the vehicle in this accident was also declared a total loss.

So a recap, 2 accidents, 13 days apart. Both vehicles totalled.

The issues and question I have is, although every medical professional that examined me determined that the injury was due to the first collision, the insurance company refuses to accept anything more then the 2 weeks that passed from the first accident to the last. I am wondering if there is any case law in the state of colorado that takes into consideration the medical professional's opinion to make the determination as to which accident is liable for the injury. They stated that colorado law permits them to only accept the liability for the time between the first and second accident. Is this true?

Thanks!