Legal Question in Personal Injury in Colorado

What can I expect from insurance company???

In October of 2002 I was hit by a car while walking in the crosswalk. I received the ticket which was later dismissed by the city attorney. What can I expect from the insurance company regarding;Pain & suffering,or an ability to seek a settlement? I am currently scheduled for shoulder surgery and it looks like this accident may take well over a year to recover from. Many thanks..

Asked on 4/29/03, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marc Kaplan Marc J. Kaplan, Attorney at Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: What can I expect from insurance company???

If you have medical bills exceeding $2,500 or a permanent injury or disfigurement, you can make a claim for pain and suffering and any wage loss not covered by your own no-fault insurance. The key to a good settlement is the documentation of your injury, the problems it has caused you, and complete medical records. You may also need a written opinion from your doctor as to future limitations or pain. Depending on the insurance company, you will probably be offered much less than you deserve. That leaves negotiation and litigation as your options.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/03, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now