Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Connecticut

Can State of Connecticut Public Assistance put a lien on my lawsuit for services in 1984-1989 when they were supposed to be paid in full about ten years ago from a previous lawsuit. But of course, now there is no way I can find that info.

Asked on 1/07/10, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you dispute the amount of a lien placed on your lawsuit or in general, you have the right to a hearing. Do not just assume that the lien is valid. You can always settle with the state agency for less money than actuall owed. Keep in mind that this is a general opinion without regard to the specific facts of your case. I would need to know more of the facts in order to give a specific opinion. If you need further help, you can email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 1/13/10, 4:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now