Legal Question in Criminal Law in Connecticut

I just got charged with Felony in the first degree in the State of CT. I have never been in trouble with the law before. Will I be facing jail time?

Michael Barrett Parasco & Barrett, LLC

As with any felony or misdemeanor charge, there are maximum sentences that can be imposed on an accused if they are convicted of the crime charged. Each crime's maximum sentence is set by statutue, without knowing what crime you are referring to, I can not tell you the maximum possible sentence.

Unfortunately, whether or not someone is sentenced to jail is a product of many factors including the accused's criminal history, the victim's position, the prosecutor's position, and the facts of the alleged offense. As with anyone charged with a crime they should consult an experienced criminal law attorney. Feel free to contact our office for a free intital consultation if you'd like.

This answer is not meant to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship between the poster and Karlson, Kasper & Parasco LLC. All information contained in this answer is for general knowledge only. If you are in need of specific legal help you should contact an attorney.

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC

I would need more information about the circumstances in order to answer your question. It is certainly helpful to not have a criminal record. However, based on the little information you have provided, I simply cannot answer the question. If you would like to submit more information, you can do so to adamuccilaw@hotmail.com. I am also located in Stamford if you need additional help. Good luck.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Connecticut