Legal Question in DUI Law in Connecticut

I recently got a DWI with a BAC level of .217 (which seemed extreme, considering how I was acting and felt). I'm prescribed to Adderall XR (which I recently learned delays the effects of alcohol so that I do not feel as drunk as I actually am) and also did a breathalyzer on an older machine (Intoxilyzer 500EN) that I've read can give out an inaccurate reading for females, people who have to take a deep breath before they blow, and females that are menstruating (all of which applied to me at the time of the test). I was wondering if there was some way to get the DMV (when I go to the DMV per se hearing) to reduce my 8month license suspencion to 6 months? (I'm under 21 and because of my high BAC level, the standard 6 month suspension is instead 8 months).

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC

To be honest, there isn't much leeway with the commissioner for the Department of Motor Vehicles. Thus, if you are subject to a suspension for a set period of time, then you are most likely going to get it. Also, I do not know the status of your criminal charge but you should be careful in posting information indicating guilt in a public forum. Because of the serious nature of the charges, you should be directing your questions directly to an attorney. This is just general advice and is no substitute for a careful review of your case. If you have any questions, you can contact me at www.stamford-attorney.com.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Connecticut

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA