Connecticut  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/05/11, 1:46 pm

I recently got a DWI with a BAC level of .217 (which seemed extreme, considering how I was acting and felt). I'm prescribed to Adderall XR (which I recently learned delays the effects of alcohol so that I do not feel as drunk as I actually am) and also did a breathalyzer on an older machine (Intoxilyzer 500EN) that I've read can give out an inaccurate reading for females, people who have to take a deep breath before they blow, and females that are menstruating (all of which applied to me at the time of the test). I was wondering if there was some way to get the DMV (when I go to the DMV per se hearing) to reduce my 8month license suspencion to 6 months? (I'm under 21 and because of my high BAC level, the standard 6 month suspension is instead 8 months).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search