Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Connecticut

i have ajudgement against me in a law suit,can the seixe my bank account,even if the only money in it is my direct deposit paycheck

Asked on 4/11/13, 6:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Lasko Law Offices Of Wm Lasko
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Creditors with a valid money judgment usually can enforce the money judgment against whatever assets you may have, including money you may have in a bank account through direct deposit. If your financial obligations are greater than you ability to meet such obligations, it may be in your best interest to talk with a bankruptcy attorney. Depending on your overall circumstances, you may be able to liquidate a significant amount of the debt you may be carrying and you may also be able to resolve any judgments against you through bankruptcy.

Best of Luck!

William J. Lasko

Attorney at Law

482 Summer Street, 2nd fl

Stamford, Conn 06901

Tel 203 329-6602

Read more
Answered on 4/12/13, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now