Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Connecticut

do i have to respond to a request for production, i have no lawyer. what if i dont have all thedocuments? can i fight it?

Asked on 10/11/10, 2:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes and if you don't have the documents in your possession or control all you need to do is so.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/10, 4:04 am
Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Many times, even if you don't have the documents in your possession, the court will order that you obtain the documents. If the documents are not privileged then most likely you will be ordered to turn them over. You could be sanctioned if you fail to provide them and that could mean money sanctions.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/10, 5:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now