Connecticut  |  Real Estate Law

hello.

i bought a house with my boyfriend in 2005 for $200,000. we refinanced in 2008 with a local bank. it's an FHA loan. he is the primary. he moved out in 2010. my daughter and i have been living here, keeping up the payments on the house and making renovations to this day. the house is "under water" now, as we owe $187,000 and it was appraised at $164,000 and other houses on the street are for sale at $170,000. i would like to stay in the house for another three years, at least until my daughter graduates from pharmacy school.

my ex-boyfriend has recently informed me that he wants to sell the house so that he can buy a house of his own and would like me to refinance in order to get his name off the house.

the problem is....i'm self-employed, making around $90,000 a year, but my taxes don't reflect what i actually make, so i am unable to refinance alone and have no other support system or co-signers. i've tried to refinance with quicken loans and they declined because of the way i report on my taxes.

questions: can my ex-boyfriend force me to sell the house for less than it's worth?

is there any way to release him from liability on the house without a refinance?

thank you for your time.