Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

Can wills in Connecticut be settled by family settlement agreement, even if it is contrary to the will? The will states that the house (or its fair markey value) should be divided by 3 heirs, but We want one sibling to have the house in its entirety, without "paying" us the value.

Asked on 11/14/13, 5:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. If all the heirs agree, they can do whatever they want by way of a "mutual distribution". You'll need a lawyer to prepare it.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/13, 5:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now