Legal Question in Personal Injury in Cyprus

i have my house up for sale and today a man came to see the house and as he was walking upstairs he hit his head on the landing ceiling and he scraped a spot on the top of his head is was also bleeding a little were he scraped it, he said it was my fault as i should have told him )(as he was a tall man) that the ceiling was a bit low and he also told me he could sue me for this he said he was going to go to the hospital........this has never happened before and lot's of people have come to see the house!!!!!!! can he really sue me for this accident??????

Andreas Neocleous Andreas Neocleous & Co LLC

Once people visit your house that is for sale, they are your visitors and they have your license to enter into it, therefore they are treated legally as "visitors". We need to note that you have some responsibilities towards your visitors, but that does not mean that these responsibilities are limitless. In particular if there was an imminent danger then you should have informed your visitors by taking precautionary measures or by informing them orally.

If on the other hand, there is no imminent danger that no reasonable person would realise then you will not be responsible for any injury of the visitor or to take any measures.

Having said the above, we are of opinion that your are not liable for any injury or loss sustained, taking always into account the information provided.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 122

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Cyprus