Legal Question in Immigration Law in Delaware

My mother-in-law is a resident alien and a citizen of the Philippines. She wants to travel to Cyprus to visit her daughter. How long can she stay? She would like to stay for 6 months.

Asked on 2/09/11, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes six months is fine.

She can file a re-entry permit before she departs if she is going to stay outside the U.S for one year (re-entry permit allows her to stay outside the U.S. for up to 2 years)

If you need help with filing the re-entry permit, let me know and I will assist you.

Caro Kinsella

Immigration Attorney

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 5:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Delaware

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now