Legal Question in Personal Injury in Delaware

auto accident

my was 17 yrs old (6/2/05)when she was in an accident, not her fault. she was a swimmer with potential , colleges looking at her. due to the injury, she couldn't swim as before. she has been training since the age of 5 yrs. they offered us 9,500.00 in pain & suffering. i feel that is a joke.must settle on this by 6/2/07. i have been told since she was a minor- there was 3 yrs for that step. medical bills alittle over $20,000.00. i'm told by my claim adjustor that normal settlement is 2 1/2 that amount- $42,500.00. guide me- thank you

Bruce W. McCullough Bodell, Bove', Grace & Van Horn. P.C.

Re: auto accident

The statute of limitations (time you have to file a lawsuit) is two years but this does not apply while the injured person is a minor (under 18). You should consult an attorney because the insurance adjuster is not on your side. Feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: auto accident

Please tell me that you have consulted an atorney to assist in this matter and are seeking a 2nd opinion.

You don't have to settle by this date if a law suit has been filed with the court.

If we can help, let us know, services at a reasonable fee.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Delaware