Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Delaware

my friend and i purchased a modular home together in 2004. he paid for everything. we have now separeted. the home is titled and recorded in both our names. am i entitled to half its value, and if so can it be forced to sell. i believe so, he believes not.

Asked on 4/24/12, 8:05 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Brian F. Funk, Esq. Frederick K. Funk, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the parties cannot agree amicably, then you may file a complaint in the Court of Chancery seeking to partition title and seek a court order for a sale to occur. You will need a certified appraisal, a good realtor, and I highly recommend using an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 6:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Delaware

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now