District of Columbia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/10/10, 10:07 pm

I live in Maryland but my daughter, Lyla, was born in D.C. As of right now she has her fathers last name. I thought he was going to be around but he has not been. He pays no child support and almost never even comes to visit her. I want to change her last name to mine. What do I need to do in order to change her last name and how difficult will it be?

I am very sorry that I am unable to pay at this point. With absolutely no support from her father we are barely getting by with the help we get from my Mother and the government. I am willing to pay if need be. I would just have to work out a payment plan. Thank you so much for even considering looking at this. I do understand that you are busy and if you are unable to help at this time.


Jamie Brooks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search