national monument security officers

does the security officers at the national air and space museum have the right to detain and search and question a minor (14yr old) without the presence of a parent? Then when I made it known to officers that I was his father I was denied access to my child during this questioning... just prior to identifying myself as his father the officers had physically search my son and determined there was no threat... So I want to know with this knowledge of the fact that my son posed no threat why was I still denied access to my son?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Re: national monument security officers

I have no idea as to why this was permitted, but you might want to followup with the supervisors of the security officers at the National Air and Space Museum to see what they have to say about it.

More Federal Tort Claims Act Litigation questions and answers in District of Columbia