District of Columbia  |  Immigration Law

I came to the US with a student visa. I got married recently to a US citizen and have just submitted the application for a green card. We would like to have a wedding ceremony in a carribean island. I hold a Chinese passport at the moment. Which island can we go to have the ceremony? Also, I have other Chinese friends here on a student visa as well. We would like to have them come to our ceremony. Which islands in the carribbean would work for my friends and my current immigration status? Thanks.

Answered on: 8/30/13, 1:50 pm by Rebecca White

If you have an advance parole document then you may look at the visa requirements for various options and decide from there. From a US immigration perspective the issue here is being able to return after your departure from the US. You will need to contact the consulate for each potential country you wish to marry to determine their entry requirements for both Chinese and US citizens.

Law Office of Rebecca White Seattle, WA 98154