Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I came to the US with a student visa. I got married recently to a US citizen and have just submitted the application for a green card. We would like to have a wedding ceremony in a carribean island. I hold a Chinese passport at the moment. Which island can we go to have the ceremony? Also, I have other Chinese friends here on a student visa as well. We would like to have them come to our ceremony. Which islands in the carribbean would work for my friends and my current immigration status? Thanks.

Asked on 8/30/13, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you have an advance parole document then you may look at the visa requirements for various options and decide from there. From a US immigration perspective the issue here is being able to return after your departure from the US. You will need to contact the consulate for each potential country you wish to marry to determine their entry requirements for both Chinese and US citizens.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/13, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now