District of Columbia  |  Personal Injury

Last summer my husband was in a rental car and "hit" another car at a red light. The hit was a tap and he has pictures to prove that no harm was done to either car, not even a scratch and the pictures are time stamped. He asked the ladies in the car if they wanted to call the police and they said No. Today we were just served with papers for a $200,000 law suit against him for permanent injuries sustained, emotional damage, for the time they have had to miss work and for the damages to their "un-driveable" car. The location on the law suit was also wrong by a few miles.

I no doubt believe we will win the case, however my emotional distress that this has caused is way more than the distress they were caused by the tap.

Is this reason enough for a counter sue and how can these people be stopped from trying to get money that is not deserved to them?