District of Columbia  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/26/12, 10:55 am

What do I do when my husband passed away and he was the personal rep for his father who passed away 10 yrs ago. Nothing was done with my father-in-law's estate other than collecting the mail from and investment firm?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/02/12, 7:25 pm by Robert Beatson, II

Suggest you talk to an attorney who handles Federal/DC estate administration and Federal/DC taxation matters. Information will need to be assembled and carefully reviewed. An experienced tax attorney should be able to handle this type of matter and to protect the interests of the client. Please note that, in accordance with the DC Code of Professional Responsibility for Attorneys, a signed engagement letter is necessary in order to engage my legal services. If I can be of any help to you or people you know, contact me as I would be pleased to provide tax/legal support.


Robert Beatson II, 11-2-2012, 10:25 p.m. EST

Law Offices of Robert Beatson II, 9818 Glynshire Way, Potomac, MD 20854

Email: rbeatsonatty@netscape.net

Website: www.beatsonlaw.com

Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, litigation, mediation.

Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II 9818 Glynshire Way Potomac, MD 20854-2028

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search