Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

hi i was driving and this drunk guy threw a trie rack and totaled my car. we pressed charges and he is in jail for throwing a deadly missle two counts. we are not sure if he has insureance yet. but if he doesnt have insureance or moeny how will we get out money back for having to pay out deductable and other expensives and injury to myself?

Asked on 11/07/10, 9:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Apply to the Florida Crime Victims Compensation Fund> Its for situations just as you describe.

Benefits up to $10,000.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/10, 9:12 am
Leland Garvin Garvin Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Additionally you may be able to recover under a un-insured motorist insurance policy of your own if you elected to purchase this coverage.

In Florida, the law mandates that insurance companies must provide you this coverage (with limits equal to those of your bodily injury coverage) unless the insurance company has a a signed waiver on file wherein you waived your right to purchase this coverage.

If you would like for me to look into this for you I would be more than happy to help and wouldn't charge you anything to talk and if there was coverage I wouldn't charge you anything unless we recover money.

My office is here in Broward county where I previously worked as a prosecutor handling cases like this one..

take care,


Read more
Answered on 11/12/10, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now