Florida  |  Personal Injury

hi i was driving and this drunk guy threw a trie rack and totaled my car. we pressed charges and he is in jail for throwing a deadly missle two counts. we are not sure if he has insureance yet. but if he doesnt have insureance or moeny how will we get out money back for having to pay out deductable and other expensives and injury to myself?

Answered on: 11/12/10, 9:12 am by Michael Tobin

Apply to the Florida Crime Victims Compensation Fund> Its for situations just as you describe.

Benefits up to $10,000.

Michael M. Tobin, P.A. 9400 South Dadeland Blvd. Penthouse 5 Miami, FL 33156

Answered on: 11/12/10, 12:50 pm by Leland Garvin

Additionally you may be able to recover under a un-insured motorist insurance policy of your own if you elected to purchase this coverage.

In Florida, the law mandates that insurance companies must provide you this coverage (with limits equal to those of your bodily injury coverage) unless the insurance company has a a signed waiver on file wherein you waived your right to purchase this coverage.

If you would like for me to look into this for you I would be more than happy to help and wouldn't charge you anything to talk and if there was coverage I wouldn't charge you anything unless we recover money.

My office is here in Broward county where I previously worked as a prosecutor handling cases like this one..

take care,

-Leland

Garvin Law Firm 4280 Cleveland Avenue Fort Myers, FL 33901