Florida  |  Real Estate Law

my father recently passed away in Saudi Arabia, we have a property in florida that is under both of our names. My father did not leave a will. i would like my widowed mother to inherit his portion of the property, how do i go about doing that?

Answered on: 8/02/09, 11:09 pm by Peter Gonzalez

Your question raises additional questions including "how was the property titled?" Depending on how it was titled, you may not need to take any action to have 100% ownership and control over the property, which would permit you to convey it to your mother. I would have to review the deed and discuss the facts and ossible issues with you to provide you with meaningful guidance on this matter. My office number is 305-424-0236. Please call me at your convenience.

Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP 2333 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Suite 302 Coral Gables, FL 33134

Answered on: 8/03/09, 8:06 am by David Slater

If the property was titled jointly, with right of survivorship, you are the owner and can deed it out. If not, you will need to probate the decedent's estate.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496