Florida  |  Criminal Law

Female Wrongly Accused of Domestic Violence

I was arrested for domestic violence after being accused by Vietnam Vet Marine boyfriend of ''hitting'' him with a plastic bottle on the shoulder. I was honest when I admitted I had done it ''in jest''. I was kidding and had tapped him on the head or socked him on the arm many times when kidding him. A day later he filed an injunction. He began drinking heavily after finding out his best friend was dying of cancer due to Agent Orange. He was charged with dom violence 4 yrs ago by his ex-wife. I can't understand why he has done this but have determined the incident was pre-plannned.

I am a Federal Employee of 14 yrs working with vets. I am now staying with a friend, have no home and the atty I contacted wants $3000. I make too much money for a PD but have only $600 in savings. I have no choice but to defend myself. I have never been to jail, had any charges filed against me and my friends & family can't believe that he can just say I hit him & I go to jail. How can this happen?

Please help me.