Florida  |  Consumer Law

Ford 1997 F 150 ignites itself and burns to the ground

My 1997 Ford F 150 was parked for 4 hours and decided to burn without any cause. The insurance company paid off the balance of the loan (11,000.00) and gave me a check for 975.00. I feel this is unacceptable and someone (Ford) owes me a vehicle. I paid on the car for 3.5 years, did nothing wrong to cause the fire. What should I do?

Answered on: 4/03/01, 9:21 am by Christopher Wigand

Re: Ford 1997 F 150 ignites itself and burns to the ground

It sounds like Ford has more problems than just their tires. It also sounds like you got a bad deal. Unfortunately, Ford was probably smart enough to have you sign a release when they gave you the check. It would have been a document which said in exchange for the check that you accept the deal and release Ford of any further liability. If that is the case then you do not have a remedy, If it is not the case then you still have some options and should contact an attorney near you. It is sad but this is the type of behavior that most giant corporations regulary engage in. They do not have any concern for their consumers, but only for making a profit.

Fenster & Faerber 8751 West Broward Blvd. #307 Plantation, FL 33324