Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

My husband had a car accident and sustain back injuries. The doctor identified that two disks in the back has sustained damage. Question: Who should pay the medical bills, is it paid from the monies awarded to my husband

Andrew Frisch Morgan & Morgan, P.A.

In Florida, drivers are required to carry PIP/no fault insurance with limits of $10,000.00. In the event of an accident, if you are driving a car with the mandatory insurance, your own insurance will typically provide this first $10,000 in medical benefit coverage. Beyond that you must find a doctor who will accept alternative arrangements such as your private insurance or a LOP (letter of protection) and agree to be paid out of eventual/possible proceeds of any case you have.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to give me a call at 1-888-683-7846.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida