Florida  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/30/09, 6:47 am

My husband had a car accident and sustain back injuries. The doctor identified that two disks in the back has sustained damage. Question: Who should pay the medical bills, is it paid from the monies awarded to my husband

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/30/09, 6:53 am by Andrew Frisch

In Florida, drivers are required to carry PIP/no fault insurance with limits of $10,000.00. In the event of an accident, if you are driving a car with the mandatory insurance, your own insurance will typically provide this first $10,000 in medical benefit coverage. Beyond that you must find a doctor who will accept alternative arrangements such as your private insurance or a LOP (letter of protection) and agree to be paid out of eventual/possible proceeds of any case you have.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to give me a call at 1-888-683-7846.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Morgan & Morgan, P.A. 600 N. Pine Island Road Plantation, FL 33324

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search