Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

husband was put on probation for a a year (felony case) .or 6 months early termination, he violated for a urine test in the 4th month probation oficer claimed they saw a little bit of whatever he is now incareated and dont have a court date until the 4th of febuary.what do you think will ahppen? does he need an attonery?

Asked on 1/09/11, 6:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes he needs an attorney. If the urine screen is proven, then he will likely face jail or prison. On the other hand, an attorney may be able to prove that the urine screen is not valid and therefore get the VOP dismissed.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/11, 1:33 pm
Leland Garvin Garvin Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with the previous attorney that you should hire an attorney.

As this is a felony he would be facing up to 5 years in Florida state prison (for a 3rd degree felony, could be higher if original felony is a 2nd or 1st degree)

In order to give you better information about what will happen I will need some more info about his case.

I handle criminal cases in Dade county and would be more than happy to speak with you further about the case.

Best of luck,


Read more
Answered on 1/17/11, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now