Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/08/11, 8:26 am

I was improperly served a summons. It appears my paternal father who I have not have contact with for over 18 years of my life is in arrears on a property in Florida. I live and work in New Jersey. My question is two fold. In New Jersey if I am served an improper summons I do not have to respond to it. Is this the case in Florida law as well. If I do have to respond, since I have no dealings with my father or his estate, do I need to respond to this summon, in other words can they come after me financially for any liens against him.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search