Florida  |  Real Estate Law

I was improperly served a summons. It appears my paternal father who I have not have contact with for over 18 years of my life is in arrears on a property in Florida. I live and work in New Jersey. My question is two fold. In New Jersey if I am served an improper summons I do not have to respond to it. Is this the case in Florida law as well. If I do have to respond, since I have no dealings with my father or his estate, do I need to respond to this summon, in other words can they come after me financially for any liens against him.

Answered on: 9/11/11, 10:13 pm by Robert Roemer

it might be technically wrong but it's better to know what your rights and responsibilities are with respect to this now rather than later. It might turn out that you are the beneficiary of your father's estate and may well have some interest in this by virtue of the his estate. If you need assistance you can write me at at attyroemer@yahoo.com are call me at 561-694-6745.

Robert Brian Roemer LLC 11380 Prosperity Farms Rd Suite 204 Palm Beach Gardens, 33410-3474