Florida  |  Criminal Law

Hello, I wrote a check in december, it bounced, and i procrastinated about taking care of it. I didnt know there was a warrant. I was arrested yesterday, bonded out, and am waiting for a court date. Because it was over 150.00, it's a felony. No matter the outcome, I will eventually try to get it expunged.

From looking at the statutes, I think if i'm found "guilty", I cant get it expunged, whereas if theres "adjudication withheld", i would be able to expunge it. Can I ask a judge to withhold adjutication? Thanks very much.

Answered on: 6/23/11, 4:16 pm by Craig Epifanio

If adjudication is withheld then you can get it sealed (but not expunged). You can ask but it would be better if you had representation. Your future could depend on what happens with this charge so don't mess around and try to do this yourself. Even if you can't afford an attorney, you should get a public defender to help you.

Craig Epifanio, P.A. 5445 16th Street N St Petersburg, FL 33703

Answered on: 6/23/11, 5:13 pm by Karen Kilpatrick

You can only expunge the record if the charges against you are eventually dropped. If you receive a withholding of adjudication, then you would be able to seal the record, assuming you meet all other eligibility requirements.

Good luck!

http://www.ExpungeRecordFlorida.com 2450 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 405 Hollywood, FL 33020