Legal Question in Disability Law in Florida

HI my wife is bipolar and I want to divorce her. what can I do? and how? pleas t. y. I live in florida

Byron Petersen Byron G. Petersen P.A.

A dissolution of marriage will be like any other with special consideration to the wife's "equities", given her illness.

I firmly advise that you do not tell the judge that BP is a reason for the dissolution-- it will not look good. Of course if you are asked, you will, under most circumstances, have to answer the question(s).

Remember that Florida is a "no fault" divorce state but contrary to the opinion of most laymen fault can still affect a decision, whether it is supposed to or not. Judges are only human.

You will need to discuss your situation with a family law attorney. If you would like me to refer a family law attorney for you, I can do that.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Florida

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA