Legal Question in Disability Law in Florida

HI my wife is bipolar and I want to divorce her. what can I do? and how? pleas t. y. I live in florida

Asked on 8/10/13, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Byron Petersen Byron G. Petersen P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A dissolution of marriage will be like any other with special consideration to the wife's "equities", given her illness.

I firmly advise that you do not tell the judge that BP is a reason for the dissolution-- it will not look good. Of course if you are asked, you will, under most circumstances, have to answer the question(s).

Remember that Florida is a "no fault" divorce state but contrary to the opinion of most laymen fault can still affect a decision, whether it is supposed to or not. Judges are only human.

You will need to discuss your situation with a family law attorney. If you would like me to refer a family law attorney for you, I can do that.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now