Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Florida

can I sue the marnia for damages?

when I was considering the purchase of the vessel I called every marina with in a 50 mile radius. I was looking for a marnia that could accomindate our veseel and faimly I needed haul out for repairs,I needed a slip to dock the vessel,I needed drydock for live aboard so I could work on the vessel. and needed pump out for the heads. I was assurd by only one marina that they could accomindate us. So I spent 500.00 dollars and had the vessel moved to this marina. They also called us several times to see when we would be arriving. Once the vessel arrived they put us in a slip for a 34ft vessel. First full moon it sat on its side and broke the keel. When we wanted the heads pumped out they said there pump was broke and been that way for several months. When we wanted the vessel hauled out so we could work onit and liveaboard it they said no liveaboards allowed in the yard. Then we decided to haul it out just to work on it they refused to haul it out. Then the vessel sank and the marina had it removed and gave us the bill. What do I do now between the sellar and the marnia I am screwed.out atleast 20,000 plus all my faimlys belongings.

It depends on several factors, see reply

Do you have contracts with the seller and marina?When did the sinking take place?Where are you and the marina?Let me know. PSH

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

Line Number: 137

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Florida