Florida  |  Bankruptcy

Hi,

Your site was referred to me via Miller Bankruptcy Group. They have a very limited question and answer vehicle, and reaching them is next to impossible.

I need to know how and where to indicate an asset (vehicle) sold/transferred to a family member. Regardless of how it looks and why it was done, it was done 13 months ago, and for Florida, and I believe it must be disclosed if it was done within 2 years of filing Ch7. Miller's system does not seem to address this, so before I click on SEND, for them to complete my package, I was wondering where I might look to see if it was an area I missed.

This is not a question specific to their software, I would need to know this anyway if I filled the forms out for myself, or if I am to find where to add it to their completed form afterwards.

Thank you

Answered on: 8/08/13, 2:12 pm by R. Jason de Groot

If you already have an attorney you should consult with your attorney about this. If you do not have an attorney, consult with a local bankruptcy lawyer.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A. PO Box 5775 Deltona, FL 32728

Answered on: 8/09/13, 5:14 am by William Gwaltney

I am not familiar with Miller Bankruptcy Group, but you seem to be describing a non-lawyer company that assists people with bankruptcy filings. If you are paying them for their services you should ask them for assistance. If they referred you to this site for an answer to the question you are asking then I would question their ability to provide you with the services you likely already paid for.

The question of where the information goes is not a legal question. However, whether you must list the information or not could be considered a legal question. The location for the information is found in "Form 7 Statement of Financial Affairs". I am not providing any advice on whether the information should or should not be listed.

Good luck, self filing a Bankruptcy can be tough, despite the promises of a preparation service.

William W. Gwaltney, Attorneys at Law 4832 Kerry Forest Parkway, Suite B Tallahassee, FL 32309