Florida  |  Business Law

I own a food distribution business. In short our supplier raised our prices to such an unbelievable level that it forced us to move the business to other suppliers. After we were forced to do this they dropped their prices back to the original pricing that we were selling our customers at and chased the business with their own in house people. They never came to me and offered to lower my prices and instead they told our customers that we lied about the prices to get them to buy other products and offered to sell them at the original pricing that we were at before the increase.

I believe that it was their intention to force us out and chase the business for themselves In effect cutting us out. So far I have lost almost one million dollars a year in income. do I have legal recourse?

Answered on: 8/12/10, 1:19 pm by Bob Arnold

Possibly. There is a clear line between honest competition and Business Defamation combined with Tortious Interference with a Business Relationship. I'd have to see the underlying agreement and facts to let you know precisely.

Attorney address not available

Answered on: 8/12/10, 2:58 pm by Richard Kaplan

Possibly as to slander/defamation etc. However, you have to remember, "It's Business." Any underlining agreement may be critical.

Of course if they really wanted to compete with you, they could have easily just cut you off, and started up their own distribution system. By moving you out, it may have done you a favor.

Attorney address not available

Answered on: 8/17/10, 8:36 am by Steven Meyer

You might have some claims against the supplier, but I would need to review any agreements and contracts that you have and get some more information from you. Our office is in Boca Raton, and I'm one of only six attorneys in Boca (out of more than 1,500) who are board certified in business litigation. We offer a free initial consultation, and I'd be happy to discuss the situation with you.

Law Offices of Steven Meyer 2295 N.W. Corporate Blvd., Suite 117 Boca Raton, FL 33431